Google Tag Manager is a product of Google and part of their ecosystem. In order to create an account, you need to sign in using your Gmail account (Personal or Business). If you don’t have a Gmail account, you will need to create one before you start on the steps below.
Set Up Tag Manager
- Go to https://tagmanager.google.com
- Sign in using your Google account
- You will be prompted to create a new Google Tag Manager account
Install Tag Manager
Once you set up your new container, you will be prompted with code to install on your website, which will look something like this:
In order to install the code on your website, you will need to add the two snippets of code by either:
- Accessing the code of your website and adding the snippets yourself,
- If you are using WordPress, you can use a plugin to add those snippets of code, or
- If you work with an agency and/or contractor, they can handle it for you.
Next step: Create, test, and deploy our first tag