As nonprofits, a lot of us undoubtedly have people working in different states, countries, and continents. Whether they’re staff, freelancers, or volunteers that need financing for certain projects, finding a great nonprofit money transfer platform for cheap, faster, and secure money transfer is the best way to work together seamlessly.
However, the market is filled with many options. Question is, which one would be good for your nonprofit? We did the search and came your way with the best platforms to pay your nonprofit remote workers.
Billed as one of the cheapest and fastest ways to send money across the globe, Transferwise is an international money transfer startup that will help you send money to your nonprofit remote employees in many countries.
Transferwise uses a peer-to-peer money transfer system that makes it easy to move money faster compared to its counterparts. It also uses the real exchange rates when converting from one currency to the other, making it one of the few in the industry without hidden fees. With offices in 13 cities worldwide, covering hundreds of countries and planning to add more, and over 7 million customers, Transferwise is a great nonprofit money transfer platform to send money to your remote teams, volunteers, and project managers.
Great features of Transferwise
- Many payment options, including bank transfers, debit and credit cards, and mobile transfers
- Presence in over 140 countries around the world
- Quick transfers and many delivery options
- One of the cheapest in the money transfer industry
- True mid-market rate in exchanges, making it one of the best when it comes to currency exchanges in international transfers
Closely following Transferwise in terms of cheaper and faster transfers is Payoneer. Payoneer’s cross-border payment solution can help you pay remote teams and volunteers in more than 200 countries. It has about 21 global offices, fully supports more than 35 languages and a robust customer support system that makes international payments hassle-free.
Main Payoneer features
- Has custom invoices and payment request features – ideal for freelance clients working with nonprofits
- Free money transfers between Payoneer account holders
- Has presence in more than 200 countries
- Comes with a Payoneer credit card for online payments
Another great nonprofit money transfer service that supports sending money in 90 currencies to over 150 countries around the world. WorldRemit is also highly linked with banks, enabling you to pay directly into your remote team or volunteers’ bank accounts with ease.
If your nonprofit has a team of volunteers or contractors in Africa and Asia, WorldRemit is a good option to go for. It’s also secure and cheap to send money compared to traditional methods.
Core WorldRemit features
- Great and highly rated mobile experience
- Cost of transfers are reasonably low compared to its counterparts
- Number of payout countries keeps increasing
Skrill is a UK-based international money transfer platform that you can use to pay your remote employees, fund volunteer activities abroad, and even collect donations. If you’re looking for a good nonprofit money transfer website that provides cheap and fast transfers, then Skrill might be a good option to for. It’s also ideal if you have freelancers in different countries, as it helps them receive payments without any problems.
Advantages and features of Skrill
- Widely used – can be accessed in over 200 countries globally
- Can give you a prepaid Mastercard for online spending and for your remote team’s payments needs
- There are no fix transfer fees when you’re sending money directly to a bank account
- Comes with personal and business account options
Remitly’s original goal is to help immigrants around the world send and receive payments easily and securely. So if you’re a nonprofit organization doing work with immigrants or having immigrants working on some of your projects, Remitly would be a good payment option for all your international transfers.
Notable features of Remitly
- Comes with two plans, Express and Economy
- Various options to withdraw or receive money – bank, mobile money transfers, and pickup points
- Timely delivery of your money
- It’s fast and secure
Xoom is a PayPal service but mostly geared towards consumers who want to send and receive money or pay bills and do other financial transactions abroad. It allows for transfers of up to 131 countries around the world, and an ideal platform if you’re looking for a good nonprofit money transfer provider.
Key Xoom features
- Fast transfers and with a wide country coverage
- Most of their green-lighted countries are in Latin America
- Great network of delivery options